Thursday, September 21, 2017

(Belated) Wildcard Wednesday #61

This week, we have: drawing from life! I lost track of time posting yesterday because of school, but it's just as well, because I came back from a really good session of life drawing with some improving sketches!

life drawing, sketches, drawings, art

Life Drawing #2: Started off the evening with gestures, as usual.

life drawing, sketches, drawings, art

Life Drawing #3: Last night was just a review of proportion tools, but unlike Monday night's session, I feel like I was finally starting to get the hang of things. The model we worked with had a lot of good poses for us to sketch from.

life drawing, sketches, drawing, art

Life Drawing #4: This one, I believe, had less time to work on than the previous drawing. I've found that too often I try mapping out the form and setting in the hard contour lines and details at the same time. So this evening I spent more time mapping out the model, making sure the proportions and angles checked out, so that with what little time I had left, I could put in contours and details and know they were in the right places.

life drawing, sketches, drawings, art

Life Drawing #5: Last sketch of the evening. I think I started getting a little too fixed early on, but otherwise, this just shows even more my different approach last night. I feel the most pleased about how the torso, arms, and left leg turned out.




No comments:

Post a Comment