Thursday, November 3, 2016

(Belated) Wildcard Wednesday #19

Today we can expect: an old chess concept from two years ago in the process of being brought back from the dead.
(I'm so sorry I'm a day late two days in a row-yesterday was extremely busy. Well, this whole week has been busy, but things should be settling down now. Anyway, on with the art!)

chess, chess pieces, black king, white king, concept art

Chess Is King #2: I think I've drawn something from my chess concepts before on this blog, but now there's going to be a steadier stream of these things. Here is just a basic graphic cover concept (from left to right: Black King, Ernest, and the White King, Carlos).

chess, chess pieces, bishop, pawn, concept art

Chess Is King #3: A little melancholy scene between black pawn Emily and black bishop Lorenzo. More details on their relationship to come.

chess, chess pieces, king, concept art

Chess Is King #4; Early concept sketch on the Black King, Ernest. I've been working on his design for years-I've struggled to make an appealing yet non-generic design for him, but I think I'm getting somewhere. He's a smart, mischievous strategist, albeit a bit of a risk taker, but he's devoted to his people and to his queen, Florence.

chess, chess pieces, queen, concept art

Chess Is King #5: Concept drawing of the Black Queen, Florence. A lady of grace and intelligence, she bears a warm heart. She can be diplomatic and peaceful, but when she's in battle mode, she's one of the fiercest and most aggressive on the Black side of the board.





No comments:

Post a Comment