Saturday, April 8, 2017

Watercolor Love

watercolor, watercolor crayons, traditional media

Watercolor Love: This week is midterms, so I didn't really have time to create a finished piece this week (that and our family desktop and printer seem to be having issues too). So I thought I'd share with you a new weapon in my artistic arsenal!
I love the look and feel of watercolor, but I'm terrible at controlling the colors. As you've seen in previous pieces, I've turned to watercolor pencils in the past. They work just fine, but the colors would often show up less bold after washing over the whole thing with water. So yesterday I was in Barnes and Noble and was walking by the art supplies shelf when I found these.
I'd seen watercolor crayons for sale before, but I worried that some of the brands were cheap and wouldn't look so good. However, I was feeling daring so I picked up this set. And I regret nothing! The crayons run so smoothly on the paper, it's like drawing with butter. And after going over the colors with water, they still maintain their boldness.
I'm so happy I picked these up - I can't wait to use them for future pieces on the blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment