Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Wildcard Wednesday #39

This week, we can expect: a Stranger Things (ish) animation and new Chess artwork!


Funko Eleven: This week, I had to do a rotation exercise in animation. So I brought in my Funko Pop figure of Eleven from Stranger Things as my subject. It's not quite right, but I did start getting the hang of it about halfway through the animation.

chess, bishop, knight, pawn, concept art, digital art, sketches

Chess #12: Midterms are coming up, and part of the assignment for my Electronic Illustration class is to make a print with at least three full-body subjects. So I thought, "I'm getting creative justice using my Chess people in finals - why not do it with midterms as well?" So I sketched out some ideas until I narrow down on the one that will be better developed. My classmates responded very well to my characters, which definitely made me happy.

chess, bishop, pawn, knight, concept art, sketches

Chess #13: Another sketched out concept. If I go with this, I might shake up the angling and perspective a little bit to make it more interesting.

chess, bishop, pawn, knight, concept art, sketches

Chess #14: The last of my preferred sketches. With a little shaping up on angling, this will probably be the one I go with for the final print. There's opportunity for facial expressions, which I'm always down for.




No comments:

Post a Comment