Thursday, July 21, 2016

Delayed Wildcard Wednesday #10

This week, we can expect: Mulan about to go off with a bunch of virus-fighting twenty-somethings, while I attempt to revive myself at work.
(The scanner is working again, yes!)

Mulan, Disney, animation

Disney #1: As part of making it through my job (and just to draw inspiration), I'm drawing some favorite characters/scenes from my favorite animated movies. One I haven't seen in a while and need to is Mulan. I rediscovered the scene where she decides to go fight in her father's place and, man! I didn't truly understand what was going on in that scene when I was little, but I do now! The first time I saw it again, it was so powerful a moment I was on the verge of tears. And then I couldn't stop watching it over and over. Everything about that scene is perfect.

concept art

Virus #1: Got a new project to work on alongside Between God and the Devil! This is based off of a vague, adventurous dream I had. I worked with a team of young fellow twenty-somethings to secretly provide a city dying by a vicious virus vaccines while looking for the cure and evading some government agency that didn't approve of our doings. Pretty dystopian yet fun, and clearly influenced during the days that I wanted to be a virologist. Don't worry, this story will have more meat on it than it did in the dream, and everything will be fleshed out. I'm even merging material from another dream to flesh out a backstory for two of the characters.

work, art

Work Life #2*: Oh, the craptacular weekend I had at work last week-got called in early on the busiest Saturday I've ever worked, making my shift TEN hours instead of nine, then the next day feeling miserable while an ungrateful customer grumbled at me like a jerk, and dealing with some really shady people with declining cards. Overworked and missing out on a fun weekend with my family, I lost all dogged determination to keep making it through. I'm doing much better now, partially due to this drawing I did during a break. All the IVs are the things that keep me fueling. From left to right: drawing, YouTube/movies/music/fandoms, Starbucks, the promise of my return to Metro, my future in animation, and lastly my family and friends.





No comments:

Post a Comment