Wednesday, July 6, 2016

Wildcard Wednesday #8

This week, we can expect: GLaDOS gets mad, while Nightcrawler and Storm get it on, all the while I'm lamenting my job and Bucksnip enjoys the company of his pet.

Portal, Portal 2, GLaDOS, Aperture Science, Valve

Portal #2: Ah, I love GLaDOS! Sarcastic and funny yet sadistic and psychotic, she is easily one of the greatest villains of all time. (My take on human GLaDOS, by the way)

X-Men, Nightcrawler, Storm

X-Men #1: I'm a casual fan of comics. I'm also a very casual fan of Marvel. They're not one of the biggest things I nerd out over. But X-Men is one of the things that's perked my interest, and as I've already established, I love Nightcrawler. So I got Amazing X-Men: Quest for Nightcrawler because it looked fun and the art style was good. And by God, it was one of the most exciting things I've ever read/seen from Marvel! I would love to see this story on screen. I might even create some "fanimatics"/pose-to-pose animations from the comic.
(This is based off the drawing in the book by Ed McGuinness)

art, work

Work Life #1: I've been working my seasonal job for about two months now (two more to go!). And I've been learning a lot about people and getting through the day. Being a creative soul who's used to experiencing only the nicest of humanity, I've often felt trapped and not unlike a bug being continuously squashed. This month it's really hit me hard, and I'm making my way through workplace depression. There have been times that I've felt so distressed inside that I've been at a loss of what to draw. I've set up a plan for myself to help me feel better though, and it's already beginning to work.
You'll certainly see plenty of these kinds of sketches throughout the coming weeks. But I'll throw in a couple of nice happier ones too. Not every moment at work is misery. And not every customer is a monster come to rip my head off.

angels, demons, imps, heaven, hell

Between God and the Devil #12: My family owned an African Gray Timneh named DJ for seven years. Today she had to be put down due to a series of seizures that had been plaguing her for the first few months of this year. So in memory of her, I'm immortalizing her as Bucksnip's pet bird. She is his eyes and wings throughout Blasphemous Behemoth, aiding him in his revenge against Admetus.




No comments:

Post a Comment