Saturday, June 4, 2016

Between God and the Devil-Gotta Swing

Gotta Swing: In the Cathedral of Blasphemous Behemoth, all demons love to cut loose and have a little fun. For Valentyne, he enjoys his daily chandelier swinging.
demons, angels, heaven, hell

Inspiration: In my Creative Writing play Between God and the Devil, I loved instilling theatricality into the scenes. Chandelier swinging was all part of the package, naturally. Also, the music video for Panic!AtTheDisco's "Emperor's New Clothes" is giving me much creative fodder for the story.
I also chose to give Valentyne a little bit of clothing. As much as I love drawing him in the demonic nude, there are just too many poses I want to draw him in that wouldn't work with it. But he's still one slick demon.

Tools: Pencil (outlining), Prismacolor and Sharpie pens, and Faber-Castell watercolor pencils.

No comments:

Post a Comment