Friday, June 24, 2016

Early Art Surprise!

Hi, M³ here! Why am I posting today instead of tomorrow?
Because I've got not one, but TWO new pieces of art that I simply can't wait to share with you all, so why not?!

Between God and the Devil-Heavenly Hosts: Angelica is a human turned angel seeking Superiority, Valentyne is a human turned demon just killing time in Hell. When these two meet and join forces, who knows what will come out of their partnership?

angels, demons, heaven, hell

Inspiration: This was inspired by one of my doodles in this week's Wildcard Wednesday. I tried doing a version of this in my bigger development sketchbook, but I got more success working in a smaller sketchbook than that. These two have given me so much joy and excitement during my breaks at work, I sometimes forget that I created them. Rest assured, I will do everything to see these two reach the big screen and have their story told.

Tools: Pencil (outlining), Prismacolor and Sharpie pens, one Tombow dual brush grayscale pen, and Faber-Castell watercolor pencils (plus my finger for some blending).


We Happy Few-Previously...: We've seen how far the game's gone in PAX East 2016. We've sat in shock at the juiciest trailer yet at E3. Now, as the game gets released in Early Access and closes in on final development for 2017, it's time to dedicate an entire journal to the mad ramblings, theories, and reactions that follow.

We Happy Few, Compulsion Games, dystopia

Inspiration: Well, based on the first picture from this week's Wildcard Wednesday, you already know why I'm doing this journal. I only felt it fitting to make a "Previously..." page before I go any further. And I'm going to try and not fill up the whole journal before the final game comes out, just so there's room for further exploration. Either that or if I do, then there'll surely be a Volume II to follow if need be.

Tools: Scanned pictures of previous pieces, one Tombow dual brush pen, and Faber-Castell markers.


No comments:

Post a Comment