Wednesday, June 8, 2016

Important News!

Hi, M³ here! I hope you've enjoyed today's Wildcard Wednesday with my original concept art! They've given me much joy and fun during my lunch breaks at work.
I've got a really important update for you all. My sister runs The Night Owl Review (http://thenightowlreview.blogspot.com/), a fun little blog where she reviews pretty much everything-movies, books, music, narrative stereotypes and devices, etc. and she posts most of these late at night when she gets off of work (hence, night owl). Since she doesn't want to use copyrighted pictures, she makes accompanying drawings to further emphasize her points and to add a fun little touch to her posts. But due to the repetitive actions of her work, her fingers have been hurting her, so she can't make anymore drawings for now.
Since I love her posts and the drawings that go with them, I've decided to fill in for artist duties on The Night Owl Review for her until she gets better. Each time she puts up a new post, I'll write an update about it and drop a link. And because she posts them late at night while I'm sleeping, you can usually expect the updates on her posts the morning after she's posted them.
Last I checked, one of her next reviews will be on the 1985 fantasy movie Legend. It's a movie we both know has flaws, flimsy plot, and on-and-off acting (with the exception of Tim Curry), but are still drawn to it for its environments, its secondary cast, and all of its none-CGI, glittery fantasy. I can't wait to draw for that post!
So while you wait for more of my art and for the first Night Owl/M³ mashup, go check out her blog! She recently did a brilliant post ranting about the Mary Sue trope in fiction with a triumphant call for true heroines with real strength and flaws. It's pretty awesome.


No comments:

Post a Comment