Saturday, August 13, 2016

Pitch Black

Pitch Black: He thrives in the shadows. He feeds on your deepest fears. He is Pitch Black-administering nightmares to all the world's children since the beginning of time.

Pitch Black, Rise of the Guardians, Dreamworks, animation

Inspiration: Rise of the Guardians by Dreamworks Animation is one of my favorite animated movies ever. And Pitch Black ranks among my top favorite animated villains. His abilities to manipulate shadows are amazing, and his design is one that inspires both fear and appeal. He looks like he walked out of a German Expressionistic film.
This was another experimentation I've had with my set of grayscale markers. Last time I tried with blending and gradients was with a Miraculous Ladybug drawing on Chat Noir, ending up with a mixed result. This attempt was better, but gah! Gradients are not my thing at all. Also I hate drawing nightmare sand.

Tools: Pencil (outlining), Prismacolor pens, Tombow grayscale markers, and one silver Infinity permanent marker.

No comments:

Post a Comment